Ellsworth Public Library is located on the banks of the Union River in downtown Ellsworth, Maine. The Federalist-style built in 1817 for Colonel Meltiah Jordan is listed on the National Register of Historic Houses, and has been a public library since 1897.
A three-story addition was completed in 1991. This addition houses adult fiction and non-fiction stacks, periodicals, reference shelving, several reading areas, and on the lower level, a meeting room with adjacent kitchen, public rest rooms, and storage and mechanical rooms.
Selected Ellsworth Public Library images: